IN THE MATTER BETWEEN OSUN UNITED FC VS. VANDREZZER FC REGARDING THE MATCH PLAYED BETWEEN OSUN UNITED FC VS. VANDREZZER FC ON THE 6TH MARCH, 2021 AT OSOGBO.
1. That from the match official reports, Osun United FC allowed a lot of fans into the stadium as against the circulars (109 and 119) of the Nigeria National League on covid- 19 protocols.
2. That there was encroachment by the Fans of Osun United FC in violation of article 16.1 of the NNL Rules.
3. That there was evidence from the match report that Osun United Fans vandalized the cameras and cables belonging to Vandrezzer FC.
4. That the NNL lacks jurisdiction to review its earlier decision of 8th March, 2021 having become functus officio as it should have submitted the matter to a higher adjudicatory body, in this case, the NFF Disciplinary Committee.
5. From the available evidence, there is no fact supporting the cancellation or replay of the match played on the 6th March, 2021 between Osun United FC Vs. Vandrezzer FC.
6. The Committee found out that the Referee and Match Commissioner’s reports were submitted way beyond 48 hours as required by the Rules.
7. That three (3) Osun United FC Fans namely; Aderemi Akeem a.k.a Itu, Oparinde Suraju and Oni Moses a.k.a Baba Titi Onisu were identified as the persons responsible for misconduct during the match.
1. The NFF Disciplinary Committee sets aside the decision of the NNL in exercise of its summary jurisdiction on the 10th March, 2021 in the match played on the 6th March, 2021 between Osun United FC Vs. Vandrezzer FC.
In view of the above, the Disciplinary Committee hereby rules as follows:
2. The result of the match played on 6th of March, 2021 between Osun United FC Vs. Vandrezzer FC hereby stands, as the only ground under which the NFF Disciplinary Committee could have ordered for a replay is, if the match was discontinued. However, the match was concluded, as stated by the Referee and Match Commissioner in their reports.
3. Osun United is hereby ordered to pay the sum of Three Hundred Thousand Naira for breaching of covid- 19 protocol on or before their next match and an additional sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira only as penalty for not complying with the above NNL decision as at when directed.
4. Osun United is hereby ordered to pay the sum of Fifty Thousand Naira only to Vandrezzer FC as general damages for vandalizing their cameras and cables, even though Vandrezzer FC did not lead evidence during the hearing with respect to the quantum of such damages.
5. Osun United FC having played the 3 mandatory home matches at Ilorin, are to return back to their home ground in Osogbo Township Stadium for their subsequent matches having served their banishment from the NNL.
6. The Committee hereby ratifies the Three years suspension of the Messrs Aderemi Akeem a.k.a Itu, Oparinde Suraju and Oni Moses a.k.a Baba Titi Onisu from any football related activities as taken by the Osun State Football Association for misconduct during the said match.
7. That the above decisions are without prejudice to the right of appeal.